Engineering solutions in the caribbean
How can we help you?
We strongly believe in building a collaborative relationship with our clients to fulfil their vision and needs and offer continuity in projects from the schematic design stage until the last concrete is poured on site.
Check out our services and get in touch to see how we can help you with your next project!
We reimagine building structures to respond to constantly evolving client, legislative, and environmental needs. Be it a multi-storey hotel, a custom build home, or a sprawling private island resort, our highly qualified and experienced engineers can bring your visions to life with due consideration for safety, durability, cost, and constructability.
Our structural design work routinely comprises:
- Structural analysis, design and drafting to relevant local Caribbean building codes in addition to any relevant British, European, American or International Building Codes.
- Structural design for hurricane force winds and seismic/earthquake forces
- Our engineers are conversant with all common structural materials, and experienced in a variety of building types, from simple members to complex frames and multi-storey structures
- Production of documents for schematic design, design development/ detailed design, building permit documents, and construction documents
Having worked on major infrastructure projects throughout the region since 1999, CSE Ltd has proven expertise in the design of Civil Infrastructure.
Our services in this area include:
- Road/highway design including signage and striping, alignments, stopping and overtaking distances and highway drainage
- Re-grading of steep slopes for road design and analysis of vehicle manoeuvres
- Road pavement and sub-grade design
- Earthworks design, including cut and fill analysis, and retaining walls
- Surface and waste water drainage design; pipelines and chambers and water discharge structures.
- Services and infrastructure design, coordination of utility services
- Design of airport aprons, taxiways, ramps, surfacing and line markings
- Design of marine infrastructure, such as jetties, piers and seawalls
We routinely carry out inspections for clients on existing buildings and infrastructure. These include:
- Visual condition surveys: a general survey typically carried out before or after the sale of property
- Expert appraisal inspections, which can cover a variety of topics including:
a. Post hurricane or earthquake damage
b. Long-term deterioration
c. Water ingress
d. Structural or concrete defects
e. Post-fire structural damage
- Building repairs, modifications or demolition
As a part of our site support services, we frequently provide materials testing and quality assurance services to ensure the work done on site is safe, in line with the design specifications, and complies with our quality standards. We provide a broad range of testing and inspection services, and even have capacity to set up materials testing laboratories on site.
Some of the testing and quality assurance services we offer include:
- Atterberg limits testing of soil samples
- CBR (California Bearing Ratio) testing
- Concrete mix design
- Concrete quality control; testing of concrete for slump, temperature, air content, unit weight and compressive strength
- Concrete pour monitoring
- Coring services for concrete strength confirmation
- General site inspections, including pre-pour inspections
- Macintosh Probe and Dual Cone Penetrometer ground testing
- Materials quality control; both onsite and laboratory testing
- Onsite compaction testing of structural fill; NDT (Nuclear Density Tests) and Sand Cone testing
- Proctor and Modified Proctor test of soil samples
- Schmidt Hammer testing for in-situ concrete strength
- Sieve analysis of concrete aggregate and engineering fill material
- Soil classification for engineering purposes
- Special concrete inspections
- Plate Bearing tests to determine soil bearing capacity
As a part of the Construction Administration services on site, we provide materials testing and quality assurance services to ensure the work done on site is safe, in line with the design specifications, and complies with our quality standards. We provide a broad range of testing and inspection services, and even have capacity to set up materials testing laboratories on site.
- Structural peer reviews
– Structural appraisals
– Local code compliancy checks
– Expert opinions
- Construction Administration (design and site support services during construction)
- Local Building Authority/Planning Department liaison (development permission and building permit applications)
- Inspections for insurance claims
- Project management/ design management
- Dredging and land surveys
- Structural peer reviews
Get in Touch with Us
We are here to help!
CSE have offices in the beautiful Turks & Caicos Islands and the stunning British Virgin Islands, close to some of our best and long-term clients and many of our completed and exciting new projects.
We are active across the Caribbean and frequently travel throughout the region to satisfy client or project requirements.
Get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you with your next project!